Online services allow you to:
- book, check or cancel appointments with a GP, nurse or other healthcare professional
- order repeat prescriptions
- see parts of your health record, including information about medicines, vaccinations and test results
- see communications between your GP Medical Centre and other services, such as hospitals
How to register for Online Services
If you have not used our online services before you will need to:
- Come to the Surgery and provide photo ID so we can confirm your identity and the receptionist will then issue you with a username and password.
- Enter SystmOnline and enter your registration details exactly as shown on the form.
- After registering, log on with your username and password.
Please note that patients over the age of 16 years MUST have their own registrations for on-line services. Where a child’s proxy expires at the age of 16 years, we will register the child without them being present and put a letter with registration details in the post.
ALL adults must have their own registration.
We understand that due to working hours, not all patients are able to come to the surgery in person. They can ask their partner or parent to request this on their behalf but …
We require confirmation of the identity of the person requesting with registration along with photographic ID
The absent party will need to give written permission to the person attending along with their photo ID (photocopy accepted) signatures on both documents so our member of staff can check and be satisfied all is correct.
You can use the NHS App to check your symptoms and get instant advice, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, view your GP medical record and more.
What the NHS App does
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it.
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to.
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments.
- check your symptoms – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice or medical help near you.
- register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision.
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning.
- view parts of your GP record – including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results.
If you’re a patient at our practice you can use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices