Ordering repeat prescriptions
The easiest ways to order repeat prescriptions are:
- using your NHS account (through the NHS website or in the NHS App)
- using the GP online system: System Online or NHS App
These accounts show you all your repeat medicine and dosage and you can choose the ones you need.
You can also:
- fill out a repeat prescriptions request form
- bring the paper form to the surgery, Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 6.30pm
We do not take repeat prescription requests over the phone.
Collecting your prescription
You can usually collect your prescription from the pharmacy 3 to 5 working days after you have ordered it.
You will need to choose a pharmacy to collect your prescription from. We call this nominating a pharmacy.
You can change your nominated pharmacy at any time:
- on the app or website where you order repeat prescriptions
- at your GP practice
- at any pharmacy that accepts repeat prescriptions
Questions about your prescription
If you have questions about your medicine, your local pharmacists can answer these. They can also answer questions on medicines you can buy without a prescription.
The NHS website has information on how your medicine works, how and when to take it, possible side effects and answers to your common questions.
If you would like to speak to someone at the GP surgery about your prescription:
- phone our pharmacist after 10am on 0183 273 4444
- fill in our medication query form.
If you have a repeat prescription, we may ask you to come in for a regular review. We will be in touch when you need to come in for a review. Anyone on regular medication should make an appointment in their month of birth for a review (if not invited sooner).
Find out more about prescription charges (nhs.uk).
What to do with old medicines
Take it to the pharmacy you got it from. Do not put it in your household bin or flush it down the toilet.