If you have been invited for a Covid vaccination, please note the following:
- Your appointment will be at NENE VALLEY SURGERY and you will be allocated a specific time.
- Please DO NOT park in Nene Valley Car Park as this area will be used for monitoring patients, you are able to use our car parking facilities and Green Lane Clinic next door. Please note: Patients who are extremely vulnerable will be allowed to use the road adjacent to Nene Valley Surgery.
- Please do not arrive any earlier than 5 minutes before your appointment slot.
- Please ensure personal belongings are left in your car.
- Please arrive alone to your appointment if possible.
- When you arrive, please maintain 2 meter distancing.
- Please use hand sanitisers provided when entering the building.
- Please wear something suitable for easy access to your arm.
- Please ensure you wear a mask at all times when in the building. We will be unable to provide masks to our patients.
- Nene Valley will be operating a one way system throughout the surgery.
- Patient toilets will not be in use during the vaccination clinics.
Please see below patient information and consent form. Please note; you do not need to print a copy of the consent form as this will be provided to you upon your arrival to your appointment.
Sepsis (also known as blood poisoning) is the immune system's overreaction to an infection or injury. Normally our immune system ghts infec on – but some mes, for reasons we don’t yet understand, it a acks our body's own organs and ssues. If not treated immediately, sepsis can result in organ failure and death. Yet with early diagnosis, it can be treated with antibiotics.
If you need to use needles or syringes (known as ‘sharps’) at home as part of your health care, it is your responsibility to dispose of them safely. It is important that sharps are disposed of appropriately because they could injure people and could carry infections.